1. Don’t hold on to dead ends, get a trim! Your natural hair will grow back!
2.Get a fresh weave. If you wear weaves, they shouldn’t look like a rats tail before you decide to finally decide to take them off! If you can’t afford to foot the bill for a weave, ditch the whole idea!
3. The overuse of hair glues and sew-ins without a break to your hair will make it weak and destroy the follicles. You must take a break to deep condition and rejuvenate your locks.
4.If you have color in your hair, pair it up with a great colorist to maintain it. You need someone who understands color-processed hair since the color can break your natural hair if not maintained.
5. We are both anal about heat! The key is not just to use a spray heat protector but to really deep condition your hair before any heat procedures.
6. Try and get a clear rinse. They enhance your hair’s shine without changing your natural color. One recommended one is: Jazzing by Clairol
7. Stand up to your hairstylist. If you don’t want the style they recommend, it’s your hair not theirs! You should not feel any pressure for someone else to experiment on your head at a salon!
8. If you are constantly coming home with a hot mess on your head from the salon….get a new hairstylist or a new salon!